Re: Questions about air compressors

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions about air compressors
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:17:27 -0800
Barney:

I read your stuff on air compressors.  I agree that delivery rate should be the
number one consideration.

I also noted the electrical supply you use in the garage.  When I wired my shop,
a separate building, I was limited as to how much power I could tap because the
house had a 100 amp service.  I used a 30 amp 220 feeder to the shop at the time
because I didn't have an arc welder.  I have an acetylene welder and have since
purchased a 120 volt inert gas wire welder.  To get to the point, I split the
220 service into two circuits.  One side is used for all of the receptacles and
the other side is used for the lights.  My purpose was to eliminate the
flickering lamps when the 120 volt compressor or the table saw started up.  It
also eliminated the possibility of having the lights go off if some power tool
blew the fuse.  I haven't had any trouble with this set up even though I have
changed to a 220 volt air compressor.

Blake