Re: Contemplating purchase of 196x B-GT

To: John Wightman <johnwightman@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Contemplating purchase of 196x B-GT
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 08:19:23 -0800
I'd second Mark's comment on finding a complete unit, preferably without
extreme rust in the floor/rocker panel area.  Offer $100 for this basket
case, pick all the parts off of it, including rear axle and front
suspension) and scrap the body shell.  (A hulk hauler will usually take
this away for under $50, and a standard engine puller will lift it onto
the guy's truck or trailer if necessary.)

I purchased a '68 roadster in this condition a few years ago for $500
(it had an OD tranny, that's why) as a project car for my son, but after
flogging it for a while he found a very nice '64 with a good body in
need of original seats and a full mechanical rebuild for $950.  That was
the end of the '68, but as I say below, its parts live on!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT