B-GT restoration update (Boring content

To: Mgb1979owner@cs.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: B-GT restoration update (Boring content
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:56:34 -0600
Hi Troopers!
   This is just a short note to update those interested, in
the progress of the restoration/rebuild of my '70 B-GT.
You might remember, this is the car that was flooded
under 12 feet of river water last spring.  Hopefully, it
will be my daily driver by springtime.
   In the last two weeks, very little has been done.
Holidays and Disneyworld took a bite out of shop-time.
However, a little progress has been made.  We have
removed the bonnet for easier access to the engine bay
and restored a number of parts -- mostly ancillaries.
With so little in there, it is silly to not repaint and detail
the engine bay as we go along.  So that is our plan.
   This weekend we will continue to scrub away dirt and
debris deposited by the river water.  Once clean, we will
pull out the pistons and hone the bores.  I don't have
records for this car nor do I know it's history.  Therefore,
we will have to measure the journals and cylinders before
ordering new bearings and rings -- good practice anyway.
Fortunately, we live in Oklahoma making Moss deliveries
possible in two days and Vic-Brit deliveries NEXT DAY
if ordered early!
   The goal is to be able to order rings and bearings by
Sunday evening so that reassembly can begin by mid-
week.  That's it.  New pictures will be up on the site
sometime Monday -- I hope.
http://www.geocities.com/btg80397/MGB-GT/

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research