Thanks! - Was: Newbie question: how to unfasten wire wheels

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks! - Was: Newbie question: how to unfasten wire wheels
From: Mark Nellemann <mark@nellemann.nu>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 19:13:15 +0100
Hi,

Thanks to all of you who replied to my email. It's a real pleasure to be
an MG owner in that kind of situation. The car is located in a garage
(for the winter) 20 minutes away from were I live so I haven't tried to
undo the nut's yet, but I've printed all the replies and will bring them
along this weekend when I try to undo them again.

I have owned the car (69 MGC GT auto trans.) for two years now, but
never got around to do any work myself (I got a very helpfull mechanic
though). The car is (what's the right word?) up on bricks now, so I
figured that this would be a good time to start working on the car. My
first project is to fix the seats with new coating, which should be easy
enough, but I hope to replace some worn parts on the SU's later.

The reason why I write this, is because I want to learn how to do work
on the car. I've searched for books and other documentation on the
Internet, but without any luck. I hoped that someone on the list could
point me to some good book titles or other sources. I have no problem
reading english (writing is another story), but my car knowledge is very
limited. I usualy learn fast and i'm only 21 years old, so there should
be a fair chance for me to learn something about it.

Sorry about the long mail...

Regards

Mark Nellemann

'69 MGC GT