Re: "Box" Speakers?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "Box" Speakers?
From: MGMagnette@aol.com
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:13:20 EST
My 73 MGB-GT had what was probably the ultimate MG stereo system.  On the
back seat was a large kciker box... the type normally found in trucks.
Attached the side was a good amp, and the power line ran down the top of the
transmission tunnel, under the console.  There was a changer in the back in
the spare tire well.  The little cubbies in the back of the GT were covered
over with hard black foam core and speakers were mounted in there.  On the
doors there were normal midrange speakers in the factory cutouts... and then
tweeters mounted on the dash.  You sat in that car and it was like being at a
symphony.  It was just incredible.

Anyway someone stole the whole thing, the powerline got caught under the seat
runner and the wiring harness melted down starting some grease on fire under
the hood.

In all I would reccomend the Leyland radio currently in my 72 MGB.  It
doesn't work, so I don't worry about it.

 John