Re: digital pictures

To: dcouncil@imt.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: digital pictures
From: LBCarCoMail@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:41:40 EST
David,

I did a fair amount of research into this back in July and due the techology
only considered the 3 megapixal camerals.  Of those the ones I wound up
considering were the Canon, Epson and the Nikon 990.  After reading several
online reviews on Amazon.com about the different cameras and going to a
cameras store and looking at the results I settled on the Nikon.  About the
only disadvantage to it is that if you use the optional lenses (never felt I
would need them as it has sufficient zoom (better than the other two), you
would need to use the Nikon Proprietary Flash as the lense will block the
flash that is built in.  The flash also is a tad weak but not bad at all.

The other plus that I liked is that the Nikon was the ONLY camera that
allowed you to screw on directly a skylight filter to protect the lens.  None
of the other cameras allow that, where you can close the camera up and put it
away.

Let me know if you are interested as I dabble in some computer consulting as
well and one of my suppliers carries it.  I think my cost on it is around
$860 be more than happy to get one for you at my cost.  I think you can find
them locally for about $899 and also on Outpost.com for about that too.  I
love the camera, the rotating lens is also very nice and have used that
feature a few times when I wanted to be in the picture as well it allows you
to swival the lens backwards where you can see the image on the screen and
then take it. ;)

Best regards,

Jeff Zorn
Little British Car Co., Ltd.