digital pictures

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: digital pictures
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:31:15 -0700
I need some advice, which is only marginally on topic. I've noticed that
several of you have digital cameras and have taken some excellent pictures.
In particular, there were some really nice digital pictures of the Colorado
Conclave (?), a British car show in Denver, last fall. I forgot who it was
that posted them but I did download several really nice MG shots and used
them on my desktop on my computer. They enlarged nicely with good detail at
800 x 600.

I have done 35mm photography for many years, and once the Internet got
popular, I scanned many of my pictures and posted them on various web
pages. Between the limit of the photos, the scanning of the pictures, and
then enlarging them, I end up with some blurring or even contrast problems
on even my best pictures.

Well, to make a long story short, my question is what you guys use for
digital cameras? Will a 1.3 megapixel resolution be sufficient for good
quality desktop, 8 x 10 and 1280 X 960 pictures? And was this the specs on
the digital camera used at the Colorado Conclave (Larry or Andrew?)? I'm
ready to go to digital and I want to buy a reasonably priced camera, just
need to know what works for some of you out there.

David Councill
67 BGT
71 BGT (parts car)
65 MGB (soon)