Re: Fitting a MGA grille

To: <kingwj@mail.del.net>, "mg list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fitting a MGA grille
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:32:55 -0500
Bend the grill very gingerly only for large radius shaping.
File/grind only if you are rechroming.

The body contour must wind up perfectly faired, ie only large
radius adjustments are acceptable, or you will see it and it will
be ugly.

As a rough guess, a max deviation of 15 thou should be taken up by
the piping. An even and tighter fit towards the top is more
critical than at the bottom.

Do you have an original or repro grill?

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug