Re: Fitting a MGA grille

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fitting a MGA grille
From: kingwj@mail.del.net
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 100 12:37:29 +0000
Do you  bend the grill to fit?  do you file to fit?  I can see the danger in
these steps.  How close is good enough since the piping will visually fill some
gaps.  Before I started this project the gaps between grill and piping were
sufficient in places to allow the piping to move around. I assume the piping
should be held around the total perimeter.  Also the grill and the depression
for the grill in the nose are differently shaped.  Should I fill the depression
to match the grill.  I saw one person who filled this depression and set the
grill that way. Didn't look too bad but was noticeable.  I'm not after
concours, just a clean driver.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

59 A