Re: Bent unibody repair...

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: Re: Bent unibody repair...
From: "1979MGB" <1979mgb@vixa.voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:01:56 -0500
Andrew,

You would still have to straighten the body before installing new parts.
When any unibody cars are bent, shops first pull the unibody structure back
to place and then cut out and replace any needed parts.  You have to realize
that the entire inner structure works as one piece not just the rockers.
The floor could be out and welding new rockers on to a bent inner structure
may fix your door fit but may not fix the rest of your unibody and you may
get other problems like bad tire wear, etc.

Denny