Re: Bent unibody repair...

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bent unibody repair...
From: "Jerry K" <jkprod@triton.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:40:22 -0500
Andrew,
After reading Larry's & Denny's replies, you may or may not have a serious
problem.
You may be able to remove the fender and adjust the hinges and then refit
the repaired fender and other parts.  What Denny says about getting the
uni-frame straight first is correct then replace the rockers. But keep in
mind, (from personal experience) although you may get the frame straight at
the measuring points (and tracking true) the frame may still show signs of
bending and straightening which may chase away a potential future buyer
(read: you may never get your investment back).  I bailed out of a rocker /
A column repair because after all the work there would still be a cosmetic
crunch (just had to shim the bumper (RBB)) in the frame rail forward of the
engine mount and I knew that any potential buyer would shy away.  Just My
two cents.
Good Luck.
Preserving the "B"reed

Jerry K