25D4 giving up

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 25D4 giving up
From: ValveCurtain@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:34:11 EST
Hi Gang,
   Yesterday I posted a note regarding a frozen centrifugal
advance mechanism cam.  I tried a number of ideas including
those suggested by a few kind listmembers.  Nothing.  It won't
budge short of destruction.  The vacuum advance is also
problematic -- a ~$50 problem.  Therefore, I am going to either
replace the distributor with a new 25D4 or the 45D model OR,
perhaps use the one I have outfitted with an electronic ignition.
My query is this: Do the electronic models have built into them,
advance curves that would work in place of my frozen
advance?  Have any of you worked with the MSD unit (over the
Crane Cams simple unit)?  I have used the Crane Cams model
when it was Allison Ignitions with great success but it needs
the centrifugal advance.  All constructive input appreciated.

Rick