Re: Question for ya Ed!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question for ya Ed!
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:21:19 -0800
I just love those <<<< quotes for a one line answer.  It
sure makes the page look pretty!

"NET-Etiquette! Or How to be Email friendly with little
effort!

"NET-Etiquette! So few have it, so let's cover some...

"-- Remember - you may NOT be taking (inferring) something
in the manner it was intended. If you feel offended, DO NOT
over-react. Remember that you do not know the mood of the
person when the Email was created, and ...

"-- When replying to an Email, consider incorporating
terms/verbiage from the post (or posts) you are responding
to, rather than attaching many pages of an original post (or
posts of a thread) in your Email. For
example, state "I disagree with the contention that
__________ for the following reasons..." then
post your message. Some people do still pay for Email by the
Kilobyte and/or have slower connections and lengthy
(repeated) information can be time consuming and expensive
when retrieving their mail. There is simply no reason, other
than laziness to hit reply and leave 5, 10, 25 paragraphs of
previous Email text as a Quote at the bottom of your
response!

"Alternately, if you do wish to quote directly from an
original post, select only partial passages relevant to the
matter you will be commenting on. In other words, edit the
original text. For example, (XXX your
initials)"

I am one of those running a slower and smaller system.  486,
Windows 3.11, 500 mg hard drive, and a 28.8 modem.

Blake