Re: Unidentified MG in PA

To: "Dan DiBiase" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Unidentified MG in PA
From: "David F. Darby" <darby@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 22:48:16 -0600
Well, being from Missouri, you'll have to show me, and this guy's advert
doesn't quite ring true.

Anyway, here's a cursory glance at the P series. About 2,000 PAs produced
1934-35. 3-main 847cc OHC engine puts out 30ish hp. For the PB, 1935-36, a
939cc gets fitted, producing 43hp or so, and they built 526 of them.

The Airline coupe, which, by the way, must be one of the smartest body
designs ever, was fashioned by the London coachbuilder Allingham. I do not
know how many were made, but I should think that the few survivors are
mostly accounted for and would rarely change hands. Still, its nice to
dream, and who wouldn't want a sleek little Airline-bodied job hunkered down
in the garage?

For a photo of the real thing, visit my prewar MG page at:

http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz/prewar.html

The image is courtesy of Don Green (whose perfect J-type is also shown).

If the guy wants a Camaro for Christmas in exchange for a PA, I'll buy him
any one he wants.

Happy Holidays to the List.

David F. Darby
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/mgz