RE: 25D4 advance springs - my experience YMMV

To: "'Bullwinkle'" <yd3@nvc.net>
Subject: RE: 25D4 advance springs - my experience YMMV
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:37:44 -0800
Good suggestion.  Time for a coffee break anyway.

1970 MGB.   Dist. # 41288 uses spring set 54415428

        Good luck on finding them tho'.  Spring sets are really hard to
find.

        Lucas/TRW/company du jour.  Does make a new replacement distributor
for the 1970.  It is based on the later 45D body, so better resistance to
arcing and uses the later DSB108 self wiping points.

        It is set up with the correct vacuum and centrifugal advances for
the ported SU HS4 carbs.

        Since the 25D has a number of weak areas (shaft bushing, points
plate, arcing) upgrading to a new 45D design does make sense.

Kelvin.