Re: HP per Lb. Some LBC content

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: HP per Lb. Some LBC content
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:23:18 -0500
  MGTD owners handbook says unladen weight (ready for road) is 18 cwt
(914 kg).
  MG gave RAC HP rating of 10.97 HP, advertised 54 for the TD and 57 for
the MkII.
  On 5/6/54 my father bought "MG, 1953 MkII" for invoice price of
$1595.00. "This car is guaranteed mechanically (engine, transmission,
differential ) for 90 days or 4000 miles, whichever comes first. Heater
will be installed at cost of heater when desired"
One would want to compare the price of the MG with the advertised or
actual price of an American four-door sedan to get an equivalent cost.
Bob