1958 Farrari Replica on an MGA chassis

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1958 Farrari Replica on an MGA chassis
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 19:36:09 -0600
Here is a hand made all metal Ferrari testa rosa replica on an MGA
chassis that someone has on eBay.  I don't normally post eBay stuff to
the list but this is an interesting item that won't show up on a lot of
MG searches (listed under Ferrari.  The body is interesting and it looks
like someone went to a lot of work.  For the amount of money that they
are talking about they could have done more to the engine compartment.
It just looks like they sprayed the stock MGA engine black (which is
rubbing off of the MGA valve cover) and put on some cheesy plastic wire
covers.  I seem to recall reading an article about some people that did
this to an MGA, in a lot rougher form, in the 60's and then went to a
bunch of California Ferrari get togethers.  Everyone seemed interested
in what kind of Ferrari that it was and didn't notice that it was an MGA
with a cobbled up nose an tail (despite still having the MGA vents in
the fenders still)!

Kevin Brown

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=528914011