Re: '65 Newbie question

To: dprather@centurytel.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '65 Newbie question
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 22:24:31 EST
Doug,
Let's see now.......It's got a blown engine(an 18V series one.....yuk). It's
got a LITTLE rust here and there (this usually means a LOT of rust
inside....where you can't see it). It's been outside under a tarp? You
admitted the car was wet....you might as well toss the interior; if it's been
too wet for too long, toss the guages and wiring harness too.
In any case, you've got a complete restoration on your hands.
How much sweat equity are you capable and willing to put into the car? Can
you weld, paint, do the mechanical and upholstery work? Think about the
effort that has to go into this project.
Personally, I'd try to have him give it to you as a service to the LBC
community. Tell him he'll be saving a classic from the bone yard. If this
doesn't work and your not afraid of the work (remember you have the list to
rely on), then get it as cheap as you can....you'll need the money later.
I don't mean to discourage you. On the contrary, I'm the biggest supporter of
the hobby.......I'd go for it.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398L