Re: Front Suspension - Rubber Bumper MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Front Suspension - Rubber Bumper MGB
From: steveb5815@juno.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:23:13 -0500
Peter,
The best way to replace those rubber pads on the front cross member is to
lower the whole thing from the frame. The two forward/lower pads are a
pain because they are buried inside the cross member. When I did mine, I
was replacing the whole unit so I glued the pads in position while it was
maneuverable, on the floor (clean and painted). It is a time consuming
job but in my opinion the most difficult part is removing the steering
rack. You can leave the rest of the suspension in place.
SteveB