Air tools (no LBC)

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air tools (no LBC)
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:09:57 -0500
Had a chance today to play with my new Craftsman air compressor I received
for Christmas (33 gallon 6 hp 135 psi max, 8.6 scfm at 40 psi and 6.4 scfm
at 90 psi air delivery). It came with a 3/8 ratchet and a spray gun. I also
got a set of little accessories (blow gun, tire inflator, connectors, etc).
I am looking for opinions on brand and specs for some additional air tools.
I specifically need an 1/2" impact wrench and an air chisel. I see impact
wrenches that fall within my compressor specs that can produce anywhere
between 200 and 500 ft/lbs of torque. I want to use the impact wrench to
remove tire lug bolts/nuts, and other rusted on bolts/nuts. What torque
level is minimum for these applications? Air chisels also seem to vary
greatly, but my needs are basically for separating/cutting panels, removal
of frozen nuts, etc. While I am not looking for professional quality (i.e.
big $$$) since these will only see occasional use, I also don't want junk
either. Any opinions appreciated.

Craig
'71 B