79 B Father & Son Project

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 79 B Father & Son Project
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:02:25 -0600
The father/son project is finally almost done.  Since coming home for the
holiday break my son has been very involved with the project (finally).  Up
till recently it has been pretty much one sided, me.  He has even managed to
get himself out of bed before 10 am to come out and help.  While I'm at work
he's out doing things to the car.  I get regular phone calls asking about
this and that.

We took the car for it's first drive yesterday.  No top on yet, but the
weather cooperated, sunny in the mid 40s.  It ran great, a bit drafty, but
ran great.  Hopefully the top gets installed tonight.

I guess the turning point was when he came home for the holiday's and saw
the car painted.  That coupled with the fact him taking the car back to
college after the break depended on his grades.  Well his grades have turned
around, with one A and the rest Bs.  I guess he just needed the proper
motivation.  His main request for Christmas gifts was tools.  He said he was
going to need them to take care of his B.

To say I'm a proud father spouting off would be an understatement.  I want
to thank everyone on this list that helped me get the car finished up and
looking as good as it does.  Without all the help I know we wouldn't be as
far ahead as we are.  He goes back to Tallahassee this weekend with the car.
Hopefully we'll get all the little things finished that it needs so he'll
have a fairly reliable (MG reliable???)  car to use.  I'm sure we'll have
more questions before the week is out.

Thanks again,

Ken and John Waringa