mystery part 65B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mystery part 65B
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 11:13:39 -0700
Its time for another mystery part quiz - hopefully this one is easy. I have
an unattached section of wiring harness on my 65B. Fortunately I have my
complete, very close to original 67BGT available for reference. Using the
BGT, I can tell these wires plug into a relay of some kind. It is pictured
here:
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/mystery.jpg

I need to know what it is so I can get one that is missing on the 65B. As a
further point of curiosity, there is also an electronic component right
below it, circular, two wires, and a vacuum hose. What is it and what does
it do? I actually have that part although it is currently not connected.

I might be able to figure this out by straining my eyes over some
electrical diagrams. But I suspect one of you may know right away what
these parts are.

David