Re: mystery part 65B

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mystery part 65B
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 12:35:10 -0700
I'm fairly sure it belongs because -
1. The 67BGT appears to be a fairly low mileage (120k), original car. The
harness goes there with wires connecting  to both that part and another
part below it (with the vacuum hose). All look like they belong.

2. The 65B has that same part with vacuum hose, the same harness and wires,
and it all fits nicely in that spot, mounting holes are there. The 65B
however is far from original. But the harness on both cars are designed to
connect to a part in this location.

Dan might be warm with his thinking its an overdrive relay. The 67 BGT does
have overdrive. The Improper MG has a part similar to this listed that is
an overdrive relay.

To add to the confusion, I am harvesting a few parts off my wrecked 71BGT
and see what appears to be the same or similar relay mounted by the fuse
box. I'll do some more investigating while its warm outside unless someone
else has some ideas? Later, I'll check the wire colors on the electrical
diagrams, maybe it is an overdrive relay.

David