Take a Seat!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Take a Seat!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:45:07 -0800 (PST)
Well, I'm pretty excited! Just spent an hour stripping the seats from the
66 B project car! They were covered with a red vinyl cover with black
piping and were incredibly faded and stained. The cushions were completely
shot. The frames, however, are in really good shape, with some surface
rust on the bottom frame. I also discovered some of the original
upholstery (black with red piping!) and a bit of the black carpeting that
covered the lower portion of the seatback on the rear.

On the topic of that rust - it's very light; what is the best way to
remove it? Are there any particular products that I should use? I am going
to repaint the frames black.

This was really the first thing I've actually done to the car since I got
it in late September, other than gathering missing parts. The project
finally begins! Goal is to be on the road by my 45th birthday, a little
over 2 years from now.

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green - My Driver!
'66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer - faded Tartan Red - My Project!
NAMGBR #5-2328