Re: Furflex/Window and Door Seals

To: <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Furflex/Window and Door Seals
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 09:44:59 -0500
The rear quarter windows are usually the plastic type
channel with the seal attached and are preformed
to the shape of the window (complete loop with
ends attached.)
The GT doors are the same (ends attached forming a
complete loop)

For the doors you can get both the plastic type as well
as the fuzzy 'furflex' .

Moss International's catalogs http://www.mossint.co.uk/
(out of the UK) can supply the furflex (fuzzy type) in a few
different colors. You'll usually only find the black colored
stuff in the U.S.

The 'by the foot' stuff is OK for the convertibles, but getting a
good sealed, 90 degree, flexible edge at the rear, top of the window,
is mighty hard if you try to use the 'by the foot' stuff.

In essence, yes, the rear quarter windows and doors have the same
style 'furflex and seals.

Be careful in your catalog item selection. If you look closely,
you'll notice two different size/type rubber seals attached
to the trim (furflex)

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com