Thailand Trip

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thailand Trip
From: <SRegel@dpra.com> (Scott Regel)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 9:51:54 EST
Happy Belated Holidays,

I just got back from three weeks in Bangkok and various other areas.  Just
down the street from where I was staying was a placed called Mini-Motors.com
that did work on LBC's...mostly Mini Coopers.  They also have a good
resturant too.  I just had to stop in to see what they were working on.  They
were doing a frame off on a Triump Spitfire and one other Mini.  Plus they
had six mini's sitting around that they had just finished.  The owner of the
shop was a young Thai guy that first started out with a MGB and then started
playing with other LBC's.  They have a race every month locally for any
LBC's.  The best part is they let me take out a Mini for a cruise all by
myself in Bangkok traffic.  What a ball!  Not a MGB but fun to drive.  Check
out their web site if you get a chance.  I did manage to pick up some new
four point seat belts for half the price here and also so racing mirrors for
only $25 US.  They have a parking mirror on the Honda CRX there that looks
like a formula 1 racing mirror.  I wanted to get one but they were about $75
US and had to be adapted.  Now back to reality and replacing my cracked head
before I attempt a rebuild on the engine on the B (just want to see if I can
get it running again.  I wish it was as warm as Bangkok here in
Maryland...maybe I would have some incentive to get out there and on it!

Thanks

Scott
76B