Re: your Glenside visit

To: BONNILA@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: your Glenside visit
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:15:33 EST
In a message dated 01/11/2001 8:04:25 PM Eastern Standard Time, BONNILA
writes:

> I read your description of the MGC-GT in Glenside, PA.  I'm interested in
> the location of the car for 2 reasons:
>
> 1. I own an MGC-GT here in Ft. Lauderdale. I believe the market value of
> such a vehicle in excellent driveable condition, with no rust and
> mechanically very sound (which mine is), but not a show winner, would be
> about $9,000. Therefore, adding more than $5,500 of restoration cost to the
> $3,500 base makes this a labor of love, not an investment.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

You are probably correct that a CGT in good driveable condition is worth
around $9K.  If you are putting all the labor into this particular car, you
should be able to keep all the costs down to around that, but of course, that
is a WAG.  As I said, I don't know if the engine is siezed, which could add
considerably to the rebuild.

The car is at Glenside Foreign Cars on Glenside Ave. just 1 block east of
Easton Rd. (between Keswick Ave and Easton Rd.).  If you lived in the
Cheltenham side of Glenside, you know where Rizzos Restaurant is, and this
place is 1/2 block away.

Are you planning on coming up to look at/maybe buy this car?  Maybe you have
some relatives still in the area who would look at it for you.  I would be
happy to meet them there if we can fit it in my schedule.  Just let me know.

I have lived in Abington Township for the past 47 years!

Allen Hefner
Philly Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport