Re: 72 MGB hose questions

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, Dan Hackney
Subject: Re: 72 MGB hose questions
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 07:54:00 -0500
Hold on. Didn't Dan say he has a round filter box? Yes the square
"imitation" K&N Filters have a hole and fitting for the breather, the
rounded, actually oval, "real" K&N ones do not have either the hole or the
fitting. It is not a plugged hole, it is just not there.

I purchased one, the real K&N at a Moss show last summer and have yet to
install because I am unsure of where, or whether, to connect or not the
breather. On the Midget it is a 1/2 in soft hose that connects to the rocker
cover. I looked at drilling a hole for the fitting but the clearance to the
carb is not quite there.

Larry

On 1/10/01 7:16 PM, "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net> wrote:

> You should have a small hole in the bottom of the air filter plate, it
> probably is plugged.  You'll need to purchase the appropriate
> fittings to hook it up.
>
> Larry Hoy

<SNIPED>

Larry Macy