Re: Oil Drain Plug

To: "Barney Gaylord" <barneymg@ntsource.com>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: Oil Drain Plug
From: "JustBrits" <justbrits@mediaone.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:32:23 -0600
<<I have been advised that these threads are British Standard Straight Pipe
Threads (thanks Ed),>>

Yer welcome, Barney.  But,

>> which according to Machinery's Handbook are based on
Whitworth Standard Threads, which in turn are based on Metric dimentions.
These plugs are indeed 13mm diameter, and possibly 19 threads per inch
(notice the mixed standards) rather than 1.25mm pitch (which would be
closer to 20 TPI).  This is such an odd combination of diameter and pitch
that I can find no other thread standard that includes this size.>>

ooops, forgot to mention French Metric!!<G><G>

Ed