Re: schematics

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: schematics
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:07:28 -0000
I have quite a lot at the site below - click 'Spanners', 'Electrics' and
'Schematics'.

The run-on valve is wired between the ignition switch and an oil pressure
switch.  When the ignition is off the switch puts out 12v to the valve (grey
and grey/pink), and when there is any oil pressure the switch puts out a
ground to the valve (grey/yellow).  This opens the valve which sucks the
fuel out of the jets and instantly cuts the engine.  The only time this can
happen is when the ignition has just been switched off but the engine is
still spinning.  In fact the residual oil pressure hasn't fully decayed by
the time the engine stops, when it does you will hear a 'click' from the
valve as it releases again.  This can be a few seconds after switch off.

PaulH
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk