the engine speaks! (was timing quandry)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the engine speaks! (was timing quandry)
From: "Jason B Lonon" <j_lonon@lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:08:11 -0500
Again, thanks to all of you who spent your time answering my question. And, let
this be a lesson to all other novices: don't trust anything!

The pulley on the front of my engine appears to be a 1-piece, but the timing
notch on it most definitely does not match the pistons. After re-notching the
pulley based on observation of the rockers, and then re-timing the dizzy, the
engine puttered to life!!

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll be back someday with another conundrum!
---

/* If it was easy to think ... */
/* Everyone would be doing it. */

Get your small business started at Lycos Small Business at
http://www.lycos.com/business/mail.html