RE: the engine speaks! (was timing quandry)

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: RE: the engine speaks! (was timing quandry)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:20:02 -0800
I just had the same thing happen to me, so definitely not limited to
novices.

I wondered why I had a tough time getting the engine to fire, when I first
got it.  I figured the DPO had the dist. drive gear incorrectly set.  Turned
out it had the wrong damper.  In the MGB, I think the change point was about
68.

I put the correct damper on, and hopefully the next time I won't be
scratching my head quite so much.

Kelvin.