Calling all Californians

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Calling all Californians
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 00:33:34 +0610
Guys,

I was wondering if someone could lend me a dime for a phone call?

Actually, I was hoping someone in California could make a phone call on
my behalf?

I found a set of lovely forged pistons for the engine rebuild for my 'B
(thanks Neil:-) but I need to know the run clearance (piston-bore
clearance) of the things - I need to get rings and start getting the
engine together now and the company that made the pistons is a little
slow on responding to e-mail.

The company is JE Pistons, 15312 Connector Lane, Huntington Beach, CA.
92649 - Phone:(714)898-9763 - Fax:(714)893-8297

The pistons are their +.040 forged pistons for my 'B and Neil (Cotty)
reckons I need to tell them that the car will be raced/driven hard.

It really shouldn't be a hard question for them to answer but I need the
answer el pronto.

I have written to them but haven't a response so far.

Any takers?  Your reward will be a drive in this re-built racer (if you
are ever passing through my little town) and my undying gratitude.
:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia