Re: [Summary] Run-In Oil??

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: [Summary] Run-In Oil??
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:34:12 -0500
CR,

I think earlier you wrote that Corvettes use syn oil from the get-go.
Possibly you should write Chevy and ask them about break-in protocol
on Corvettes.

My own best guess is that what comes in the sump at the dealership is
not what the engines see when first fired up at Bowling Green...

At 9:11 AM -0700 1/18/01, Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com> wrote:
> No one answered my question:  If we shouldn't use synthetic oil for
>break in, which I've always thought made sense, why do some of the new
>cars come with it in the sump?
>
>  Still wondering,
>
>  CR

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu