Re: "A" Temp guage not rising

To: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "A" Temp guage not rising
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:27:44 -0700
If I am not mistaken, the temperature gauge would be similar (or even the
same) as the early MGBs. Thus it would be a manual gauge that uses an
expandable fluid to determine temperature. A leak, resulting in the loss of
this fluid, would cause the gauge not to work.

If you feel heat, the temperature surely has risen more than the initial
reading of 90 degrees. My 67BGT starts registering an increase within a
minute of two after starting, even in the winter.

You can remove the sender part and stick it in boiling water to determine
for sure that it is not working. And if not, Nisonger and Mo-Ma both fix
them. I just had Mo-Ma do one for me for $90 but I haven't had a chance yet
to test it since I just got it back.

David Councill
65 MGB
67 MGBGT