Re: Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's

To: Tomsaudi@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting comparison of B's and TR4's
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:51:30 EST
In a message dated 1/19/01 1:59:39 AM Eastern Standard Time, Tomsaudi@aol.com
writes:

> Another thing that got me ticked was that the owner stated that the MGB was
> built between 1962 and 1974. Ok, ok, we can all agree the chrome bumpered
> B's
> are the best looking, but honestly, to say the B ended production in '74 is

- - - - - - - - - - - -

A lot of the shows on Speedvision and other Saturday Car Nut channels seem to
be locally produced or syndicated, and tend to have spotty information.  They
also tend to foist (I think that's a word) their opinion on the viewers.  I
also hate how all the "mechanics turned TV hosts" always talk with their
hands.  (Watch them next time.  They ALL have the same hand motions, as
though they all went to the same "Famous Announcers School," or they are all
trying to be Italian.)  many of the shows are little more than infomercials
for the sponsers or the magazines that they belong to.  (Hey Gary, how about
a British Car Magazine TV show?!?  You could get Barney to host it!)

Anyway, my point on this slow, rainy Friday, is that everyone is entitled to
their opinion.  I used to own a '67 TR4A IRS, and I thought it looked much
better than a B when I bought it.  It was considered a step (albeit a small
step) above the B when new, and was a little more expensive, but no where
near a big Healey.  (I also didn't like the oven knobs that the B has for
heat control.)

Now that I've grown up (HAH!) I would LOVE to have a CBB over almost any
Triumph in similar condition.  Even with some misinformation and misguided
opinions, the shows on cable TV that display LBCs are good for us.  They let
people know that the cars they owned in the past are still around, readily
available, and easy to own.  Maybe they create interest in keeping them on
the road.  I certainly hope so.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget