Re: Wire wheel tube protection thingy

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Wire wheel tube protection thingy
From: Phil Bates <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:13:55 -0700
On a related note, the endo of the spokes on the center can leak the grease
that people put on the splines to keep things from seizing.
If one wants to go to the effort, they can spread silicon on the spoke ends to
seal that up too.  Just be sure to do it before the wheel
is balanced.  This helps some with cleanliness, but they never stay very clean.