Fwd: Slow wipers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Slow wipers
From: REasterby@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:45:05 EST
From: REasterby@aol.com
Full-name: REasterby
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:57:39 EST
Subject: Slow wipers
To: scottinarl@hotmail.com
CC: mgs@autox.team.net

Scott, how does the wiper motor work with the blades off the glass. Pull the
arms back on their pivot and check it out. If no change, then disconnect the
cable to the boxes, again chk the speed for an increase. When you put things
together use "Lubriplate" white grease. it does not get thick with the cold.
Check the voltage at the wiper motor connection, get a reading for the two
speeds. Then chk the ground connection, I even recommend attaching a
fabricated one, attach it under the mount bolt head and find a bulkhead bolt
nearby. There is a multi wire grd in the wiper area, everyone blames Lord
Lucas, but I have found loose connections  and previously touched by human
hands the major contributor.  Good Luck from an original owner.

Ray Easterby
72 BGT orig owner
60 MGA Coupe 1600 MK 1
88 Xj40