Re: To Peco or not to Peco

To: wcameyer <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: To Peco or not to Peco
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:48:45 -0800
There is  nothing wrong with the stock manifold, but the problem comes
in mating up the PECO 2" pipe to the 1 1/2" MGB pipe.  You can use the
stock twin down pipes and fabricate a transition piece from either the
smaller single pipe or up at the two pipe junction.

So, the stock set up is a bolt on job as opposed to a fair bit of under
car fabrication using the stock front half.  The results will be
similar.

I went for the bolt on!

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT