RE: To Peco or not to Peco

To: "'wcameyer'" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Subject: RE: To Peco or not to Peco
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:50:25 -0800
Bill:

        Cut your stock downpipe just after the 2-1 joint.  Weld on a bit of
2" pipe with a flared end that will slip over the Peco inlet pipe.  Any
muffler shop can do this pretty cheaply.  Instant high performance system.

        Alternatively weld or adapter the Peco system onto your existing
down pipe.  Doubtful you would ever notice the difference.

        The Peco header is not really a flow improvement over the stock
3-2-1 manifold.

        I do like the Peco muffler.  It is reinforced and tucks up out of
the way increasing ground clearance.

Kelvin.    Who is cheap too.  I welded the 1 3/4" outlet of my Ansa header
into the 2" inlet of the Peco system.  Didn't have time to futz with the
tiny improvement a 2" system would give.  Too many other things to worry
about.