Re: Gearbox Questions

To: "Trish Finn" <paf@vniles.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gearbox Questions
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:20:19 -0500
both of my GBT's have/had the dipstick on top.
I use what looks like (similar diameter) a 10"
long bicycle pump that has 1/2" I.D. hoses on it
to pump the oil in. The 'out' tube is cut to roughly
8" long so the pump ends up sitting just about where
your forearm would be while trying to remove the dipstick.
The intake hose is roughly 1.5' long to simply stick
down into the oil bottle (Castrol 20-50).
Never a drop anywhere its not suppose to go.

I found the pump in the oil section of a local Pep Boys
auto parts store.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com