Re: Oil filter choice, even longer

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil filter choice, even longer
From: Lieb David B <dbl@vniles.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:20:24 -0600
Good question!
What I actually use in my B is a Mann filter, same brand as is generally
preferred bt Volvo dealers. Has all the nice features except price. I will
check the part number when I get home and post it.
Unfortunately, I have a problem with my 1974 1275 RWA Midget. The piece that
the filter screws onto is a chunk of brass that in turns screws onto the filter
mounting. I strongly suspect that this piece is not the original one, since
none of the filters that are supposed to fit a 1974 1275cc A series Midget will
work. I ended up taking the piece with me to an auto parts store and opening up
box after box of oil filters in an endeavour to find one that would work. I
have perused my VB and Moss catalogs to no avail in an attempt to find a
replacement. Does anyone know where I can find one?

David Lieb
dbl@vniles.com
847.588.8016