Custom Engine Stand and other iron doohickeys?

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Custom Engine Stand and other iron doohickeys?
From: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:36:53 -0500
Hi folks,
As I said before, I'm now working at Ft. Leavenworth and will be for the
next 2+ years or so.
Many of you know this as the place where the military and Fed send their
really BAD dudes.
These bad dudes also do custom metal work that they sell on post for
material cost.
So, I got to thinking...howabout an engine stand? or other things? I know
Harbor Freight sells them for $50. How good are they? Could I get a better
product for the same price?
They (the ladies at the store, we don't talk to THEM, you see) told me
they'll make anything if I provide a sketch or plans, then they'll do up an
order/estimate.

Any ideas of where I can find a GOOD engine stand plan? Or anything else?
Body lift, rotisserie, shelves etc. What have YOU wished you could make
custom at cost? I may need it eventually, and I figure I should take
advantage of the resource while I'm here.
Oh, they make nice iron lamps and coat racks too...mainly for the officer
wife crowd that is so prevalent here, of course! ;)

Dan