first drive since october/soft brake pedal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: first drive since october/soft brake pedal
From: "Dan Hackney" <danhackney@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 17:56:20 -0500
Well, I went out on the road in our 72 MGB yesterday for the first time
since October (i think).  It underwent complete suspension rebuild and lots
of other smaller jobs over winter months.  The car handles so nice with
fresh bushings and new shocks!  I was really impressed with the difference.
Also, it started right up with minimal cranking and ran great.  I was a
little worried about getting it running again because we usually drive some
in the winter, I don't think it's ever sat this long without starting the
engine.
Anyway, all is fine except for a soft brake pedal, requiring more travel
than it should.  I'm going to bleed the brakes again and hope that firms it
up.  Any other tricks to try in this situation?
The resultant accomplishment is the fruits of my labor and the list's
knowledge!

-Dan
1972 MGB