Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?
From: Lieb David B <dbl@vniles.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:54:27 -0600
While on this subject, what about the hose on my 1974 RWA 1275 Midget that
connects the gas cap to the tank? Is there an easy way to remove this? (other
than throwing lighted matches at it of course) Is there something better to use
there? Mine has exhibited a distressing tendancy to leak enough that gas pumps
don't kick off in time and then it can leak into the boot as a result. Not my
idea of a good time! So I don't fill the tank all the way up. None of the
illustrations in VB or MM have any resemblance to the hose in mine. I don't
want to cut mine off without having the means of replacing it. Any ideas? TIA

David Lieb
dbl@vniles.com
847.588.8016