Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?

To: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gas smell & braided fuel lines?
From: "Bill" <kingwj@del.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:27:48 -0500
Newer oxygenated fuel formulations are much more aggressive on rubber than
in the past.  Failures are usually not catastrophic but are usually noticed
by the nose.  Although the most common oxygenate has been banned for
environmental reasons it may be too late for your fuel lines.  Ironically
the fuels were oxygenated in the first place to reduce pollution.  Best
solution, but not cheapest or best looking is to get fuel lines designated
for higher pressure fuel injection systems.  It is a multilayer, reinforced
construction with excellent fuel, heat and ozone resistance and will
probably last longer than you will.