RE: Locking doors in a convertible (WAS Re: MG X Cars)

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Locking doors in a convertible (WAS Re: MG X Cars)
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 15:02:37 -0500
As I understand it, the door lock requirement isn't a "secure the car
against theft" issue, its a "keep the doors closed in a collision"
issue, as well as a "keep some idiot from inadvertently opening the door
at speed" issue.

I'm not saying that all US regulations are intelligent, just that they
all aren't TOTALLY stupid.

Chris Thompson said (among other things...)