ESPN, was: Cat and 9mm (NLBCC

To: British Sportscar Center <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: ESPN, was: Cat and 9mm (NLBCC
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 14:34:04 -0600
British Sportscar Center wrote:

> Nah, when we get back to F1, it'll just resurrect the Speedvision vs. ESPN2
> vs. Satellite Dish debate..................

   LOL!!!  You know, the F1 US broadcast contract STILL hasn't been
awarded!  When SpeedVision got it in '98, it was awarded TWO days
before the first race!  The latest I have heard is that SpeedVision wants it
but Bernie thinks that they reach too small of audience.  I'd hate to see it
go to back to ESPN.  If you record the races like I do, go back and watch
a race from '97 when it was on ESPN2.  The announcers could just as
easily be calling a hockey game.  They didn't have a clue.
   The big threat is when some other sporting event runs long, ESPN will
finish the earlier show.  We missed more than one race start because
the frikin' Craftsman Truck Series interviews or something wasn't over.

>  Nah, when we get back to F1, it'll just resurrect the Speedvision vs. ESPN2
>  vs. Satellite Dish debate..................

 Wait!  You're right!

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK