Friday again

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Subject: Friday again
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 14:22:50 -0600
Hello Gang,
   Is it Friday already again?!  I can <just barely>
remember when Friday always seemed a year
away.  Now they are flying by at a frightening clip.
Yes, I too am old, gray and arguably a touch rotund
in the girth.  I qualify for MGB ownership.
   Last Friday I sent you a note full of grandiose
things that I intended to get done.  Almost none of
them were on the "done list" by Monday morning.
It was a honey-do weekend straight out of the
marriage handbook.  Yet, throughout the week, I did
make good progress on the B-GT.  Here's what's in
the queue for the weekend (fitted in and around a
time-distance-speed tulip rally Saturday afternoon) :

1) Reconnect the exhaust to the header.
2) Fill with coolant.
3) Install new battery.
4) Spin on starter to circulate new oil.
5) Add a couple of gallons of fuel to the
    tank and verify clean fuel at the carbs.
5) Gap and install new plugs and wires
    (no, I'm not going to gap the wires... :-P
6) Start that bad dog up!
7) Take a few pictures, tweak a few carbs,
    perform the running-in ritual.

Later,

rick