Re: seeking MGB advice update"more info"

To: "Julie Ann Phillips" <jphillips@cvalley.net>
Subject: Re: seeking MGB advice update"more info"
From: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:05:37 -0500
I'm coming in late on this since I was away on business.
Getting there, ask for the original jack (if it doesn't exist, that's an
indicator, but ask for a floor jack, no floor jack, BIG indicator about the
owner). Jack that sucker up (that's my southern vernacular for aggressive
and optimistic enthusiasm) on the driver's side in the original, as intended
jacking point (or under if a floor jack). If the owner freaks out before you
do that, ask 'why'?
If you get to the point where both wheels are off the ground without the
owner having a fit or something dreadful happening, like things falling off
or coming apart, try to open the door. Mine takes a bit of a tug, but
nothing too serious. THIS will tell you if the structure is sound or not. If
you let the car off the jack and the door won't open anymore, say "sorry"
and walk away. This sounds cruel, and you may still fall in love with the
car, but the PRICE should reflect condition. Fall in love and buy if you
want, but don't get taken in the process.

Dan
73 B